Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Love beckons me

Following Jesus…what does this mean? The journey of faith is one that is exalting while causing pain. It is a road that so often seems bumpier than it does smooth. And yet I don't simply want to carry on in faith, I want more…more everyday. Yes, because of His love I long, I desire, I must press on in faith, because my faith in Jesus is who I am. My identity is in Christ…

Today is the day for each of us to stare our struggles, our hurts, our pains in the eye and say no more… No more will you have control over me because I belong to Jesus. Yes, today is the day you let the darkness know that the light of love has entered and You are His.

In Jesus the healer meets the hurt. Darkness is overcome by love. Glory confronts pain as love swallows suffering.

On the cross love washes over the trouble of my soul so as to lift me up into the arms of divine peace. On the cross I am washed clean through the love birthed in the cradle that now erupts and overwhelms the brokenness of humanity. On the cross love beckons me come to life by coming to My heart…
At the Cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words so lost in love
I am sweetly broken wholly surrendered
When we fall to our knees and surrender our hearts we quickly realize that from cradle to cross our name was engraved on Jesus’ heart. For in His coming heaven meets your heart so as to make you His bride…His forever love…

Why follow Jesus? Because without Him I am nothing and because of Him I have everything… Today, step into the Holy Spirit so as to find the path of Holy Love and in doing so you will find the truth of who you are.

Why follow Jesus? Because He passionately pursues us and in His grip we have eternity. For when we embrace the heart of Christ we realize that through the Spirit His heart embraced us some 2000 years ago as it was pierced by the cross. Yes, when we embrace the Spirit we are swallowed up in divine love and His name is wonderful, counselor, prince of peace…His name is Jesus…and He is calling out to you today…

1 comment:

  1. How can one claim to know Jesus, preach Jesus, love Jesus and yet be so ignorant of Satan? I know we are all sinners who are tempted everyday. But, when you are a leader with experience and knowledge and who preaches the gospel, how can one not know the difference Jesus and Satan? I pretty sure I do.

    ReplyDelete

New Wine Uncorked: Trinitarian Soundings - God is Here…And?

#love #trinity #jesus #holyspirit #father #newwine #nwnws #trinitarian #faith #church How does a Trinitarian, Christ-centered theology play ...