Saturday, February 27, 2016

Just to love

Read 1 John 4.7-21
We all want to know love because deep down inside of us is the desire that burns in our bones for love. As we learned in Moulin Rogue! 
“The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.”
Love catches hold of the heart and sets in on fire. Love makes us act in ways that transcend the normal of this abnormal world. As Christian tells Satine, “Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love.”

Tragic reality of life is that so many of us waste away believing as Satine does that we are unlovable. But this is not the truth of the Cross. There on the cross Love cried out, “I would do anything for you. Death…I will become it and destroy it. Sin…let me take it into my lungs and suffocate it. Pain…I will eat of its poison so as to pour out joy. Yes I, who am Love, would do anything for you…You need only to receive Me…”

There raising from the grave Love turns to embrace us, “Are you surprised if a drop of my Heart’s blood trickles into you every thought and deed when you fall to your knees? Are you surprised if the thoughts of my Heart quietly infiltrate your worldly heart when you fall to your knees? Too long already has My grace, has My love been flowing into your hollow vessels, still you let them lie empty within you, still now does your heart hold back…”

We were created in love, from love and for love and so often we hold back as if we cannot receive love, understand love, deserve love. But Christ is unwilling to let us go. He will pursue us until we let go and let the Spirit take us into His heart.

Our God wants our hearts—He wants us to find freedom in His love by His love becoming perfected in us. And when this happens then, and only then will we find life as we embrace the Father together in the heart of the Son through the touch of the Spirit…

Let us this day fall to our knees and press into the unthinkable, mysterious, all-consuming, earth-shattering, audacious, mind-bending, heart-wrenching love of Christ. Let us this day sing out, “You are my everything. And I will adore You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Wine Uncorked: Trinitarian Soundings - God is Here…And?

#love #trinity #jesus #holyspirit #father #newwine #nwnws #trinitarian #faith #church How does a Trinitarian, Christ-centered theology play ...